Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First Letter

This was an exciting day. We received the first letter from Elder Layton since he began his missionary service. Here is an extract. Generally speaking, from now on his comments will be italicized.

Basically the MTC is just GREAT. When Elder Simspon said he studied 10 hours a day it was probably an understatement. We do a lot of it here. We figured it out that we study an average of 52 1/2 hours (not including meetings). I miss everyone but it doesn't really sink in until I'm staring at my ceiling at night. I love the gospel, and I'm still figuring lots of things out but I've worked way hard to be as obedient as possible. My companion's a handful :) He's way strong in the gospel, and has a huge testimony. La Iglesia de Los Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Ultimos Dias es verdadera. Creo en el espiritu y la restoracion del evengelio. (I'm not sure if any of that was right) Spanish seems to be coming way fast though.

Email time is limited and he had to take time to set up his email this week. So this first letter was short, but believe it...the letter was very, very sweet.

No comments: