Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hungry Anyone???

Things are going well here in the Provo MTC. The travel office told us a couple days ago that everything had been resolved and that the visa's were on their way. (Note: We have information more recent than Elder Layton did...he is still on hold)

I'm eager to go to Peru of course so that was exciting to hear. Elder Ridge and I have been doing awesome. We're learning how to teach to the needs of investigators and not just teach lessons. Tonight we give the first lesson in Spanish for the second or third time. We're prepared I think.

Other than that, no crazy stories about monkey's yet. (Since we are still holding our collective breath for the crazy monkey stories, I thought I'd include a couple of pictures of a Peruvian Guinea Pig dish that we understand is served about everywhere down there.) Anyway, back to the letter.

I love the gospel. I want to get out so bad and just tell everyone I see about it, but honestly the Spanish could use a little brushing up on... The temple was really good today, except that I've been sick for the past 2 weeks and it was kind've hard to get through since my voice was almost completely gone. Everyone in my district has been sick I think. That's what happens I guess when Elder's and Sister's from all over the world come into one place. I want to hear from everyone about everything. The transition of not being able to really talk with anybody from home and school has been the toughest thing for me so far... along with other things. I miss you and love you all.

As far as the crazy monkeys are concerned, since the visa is still in limbo status, I suppose we're going to have to wait just a little bit longer to see anything like that.

When he does get his visa, I just hope we don't see the monkeys on the dinner platter anytime soon.

Okay, I admit it. The blog is starting to take a serious downturn while we're waiting for Elder Layton's visa to come in. My apologies.

No comments: