Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update on Visa Status, Change of Companions

This morning (Wednesday July 16, 2008) we did a companion exchange. My companion, Elder Griffin, left this morning and Elder Ridge's companion, Elder Briggs, left with Elder Griffin to Peru as well, so we were left with each other. Elder Ridge is way cool and outgoing so that's going to be good for me. We are both about on the same spanish speaking level, so I'm excited to start teaching lessons with him. He's from Utah but he grew up in Rocklin California, Elder Talyor Griffin was from South Jordan Utah (I can't remember if I already said that or not in my last email)

Just so everybody knows, the chica in the travel office said that our Visa's are in Salt Lake, so it's an in-country problem. We're not the first Peruvian missionaries to have this problem. Several missionaries just left last week to Trujillo, Peru after they had been delayed a week. It looks like it's just a spur-of-the-moment thing. Basically we'll get called down to the travel office the night before we leave so we won't really know when that is, but we have high hopes for next Wednesday! In the meantime we're here, still working hard.

It's way hard to write while I'm in the MTC because our days are so set, we do the same things pretty much every day so it's not like I have a bunch of new stories. I'm learning tons of new things of course about the gospel, and I love it. The church is true.

No comments: