Saturday, August 2, 2008

!Elder Layton Ya Puede Testificar En El Espanol!

The photo to the left is of Elders Layton and Ridge. Elder Ridge is Elder Layton's second companion in the Provo MTC. One thing I really appreciate is getting all of these pictures out in front of the temple. It has to be one of the best parts of being in the MTC...going to the temple every week.

There are more photos posted in the photo section as well. Click the link at the right to view them.

Again the MTC is swell. We've had really nice weather here, except it's poured a couple times. That's okay though. All the sidewalks are covered. I don't know what we're going to do in Peru when it pours and we have nothing to walk under...I've been here two weeks too long. I really want to start eating monkey brains and snake and Guinea Pig. Compared to the cafeteria food here, that sounds delish! Just kidding.
From the perspective of one very biased and opinionated parent, I love this photo. Elder Layton and Elder Ridge both have a very kind look on their faces. Kindness is an element of charity, and is so necessary for a missionary to be successful. May the love of God grow in Elder Layton and in all missionaries everywhere.

Yo se que Jesucristo es mi redentor. Tengo un testimonio muy poderoso concerniente el Evangelio restaurado. Jose Smith fue un profeta de la restauracion. Me encanta mi mision. ha ha. (I know that Jesus Christ is my Redeemer. I have a very strong testimony of the restored gospel. Joseph Smith was the prophet of the restoration. I love my mission. ha ha.)

Well that was just a few things off the top of my head. I love you. Sorry my letters are so short, Pdays are one of our busiest days. Write back soon! Tell Andrea that she's not distracting me at all. I'm focused. I miss her a lot but it's good.

This picture is of Elders Layton and George. We assume that Elder George is one of the new Elders that Elder Layton referred to in his last letter. If so, he is probably headed to the Lima Peru North Mission as well.

The room is Elder Layton's (and three others) living area while at the MTC. It is very typical of where most LDS missionaries begin the best two years of their lives.




No comments: