Monday, November 9, 2009

When I Looked at That Picture I Felt It Was True

Hellllo!!!

How's everyone doing? This week has been GREAT!!! Well, we had the interviews on Friday with president.

We're still working hard Jose Louis and Italo were baptized. Jefferson went to the church with his mom and someone told them there wasn't a baptismso they left. I called them after they had gotten home and by that time it was a little late, but Jefferson's excited about this Saturday.

We went to his house yesterday and watched the 20 minute Restauracion video. Also we have set for this Saturday Maycol Viegas, Guian Carlos, Isabel Ulloa (the mother of Jose Louis) and Nao (the brother of Jose Louis) and Sandy Rojas Garcia. Sandy's mom Paula has a baptism date for the 21st too. What I really want to do is talk to Sandy's dad, but he's always working. Jose Louis's dad is a recent convert so we'll be completing the family this upcoming Saturday which I'm really excited for!!!



I don't know people.there's not much new happening. Everything's going really well. Right now if the district confirms all the investigators with dates we have we'll have 42. Our goal is 50 or more. Honestly it would be a piece of cake if every one of us works hard and is obedient.

I gave another surprise talk in sacrament meeting. I talked about Jesus Christ and His preordained calling to be our Savior and His atonement. Of course I also reminded them to find people we could teach.

Hmmm. What else? I was looking at a picture yesterday in the church. It's the one where Moroni is kneeling to pray right before he covered up his fathers book. I remember when I looked at that exact same picture when I was 4 or 5 years old in the hallway in Grandma and Grandpa Layton's house, next to Danny's room.

I don't even think I understood who he was or what he was doing, but I remember when I looked at that picture I felt it was true and I felt such a powerful feeling then only as a child. Now when I look at that picture I feel the exact same feeling. I think I could say that's my favorite painting. The book of Mormon is so true.

NANA YOU ROCK AT FUTBOL!!!

Eric, Curtis, read your scriptures.

Love,

Elder Layton

No comments: