Monday, January 11, 2010

Baptisms of Sheyla and Anthony

Family and Friends,

I'm not going to be able to write that much today. I had a lot to write President and the Assistants about the zone.

I was reading in Second Nephi today. In chapter 30 verse 2, Nephi is talking about the covenant people. I was impressed by how strict the Lord is with the covenants that we make. When the people repent of their sins, they are of the covenant, when they don't repent, they're not a part of it. Then Nephi says again in the same verse that the Lord makes no covenant with anyone but those who repent. Many times I feel like I'm not repenting constantly. I get to a certain point and forget what I still need to do. Directly after this Nephi talks about the Book of Mormon. He says that the people will rejoice because that book will help them convert into a pure and delightful people, or in other words, a covenant people. For anyone reading this I would invite them to remember thy God and Jesus Christ who he sent to this world. I know they love us. To have the eternal life all the prophets have always talked about we must repent and be baptized and believe on the words of Christ and to remember these covenants until the end of our lives. These things I pray, that each one of you can remember those things that you've promised.

On Friday we baptized Sheyla and Anthony, brother and sister. We're also teaching their mom but she hasn't had time to listen to us. They were confirmed like normal on Sunday and things are great.

Okay.... the changes!!!! I'm going HERE in Independencia again. My dad Elder Acevedo is leaving back to Puente Piedra, the same place he and I were at when I came to Peru. The same place I lived when I was with Elder Gomez. Haha. Sometimes the transfers can be weird like that. I'm going to kill my first companion this next change. His name's Elder Rodriguez from here in Lima Peru! He's had a lot of success in times past so I'm excited to work with him. Okay....to explain why I'm going to kill him. That means that this next transfer is his last transfer.... soooo he might be thinking a little of home and everything, but I'm not worried about it. We're going to work harder than ever.

The new liahona's awesome. I don't exactly have one yet.... I'm dying to have one actually. The members all received them yesterday but none of them wanted to give one to me! Hm....

Well I love you all, keep writing me!,

Elder Layton

No comments: