Monday, January 4, 2010

This Whole Week He Felt Something Inside He Couldn't Explain

HI!!!!

Buenos Dias, I just really couldn't be happier right now. You remember Jose Valverde right? This Sunday he came to church...with his entire family. He told me during the second hour that he went to a Christian church Saturday with his family and then during the night he read part of the Book of Mormon with his family. He told me that this whole week he felt something inside of him he couldn't even explain but it was nothing he's ever felt before. He told me the church was a lot different than other churches. It was funny too because for being the new year he and his wife left the church with the new principles of the gospel manuals and other things so I think they were happy about that. Maybe in the states that's normal.....here, a book seems worth a little more. But really I feel happy he's progressing and everything. He has yet to accept a baptism date I think because of past experiences but I know he`ll be baptized because he`s actually looking for the truth and so I know without any doubt he`ll find it and he and his wife and kids will be baptized with him. I only hope it`s when I'm here.

Okay I also have to ask for forgiveness. I forget to tell you about one of my baptisms!!!....on the phone and when I wrote last week hahaa, I think I forgot pretty much everything actually. But Mario was baptized. He actually doesn't live in our ward but since the sisters moved out and the Earls (the Gringos, the white missionary couple) are in the MTC, we've been teaching him. We passed by last night too and he seems to be doing well.

New Years was bigger than Christmas. We flew kites at 12:00 on top of our roof. I have NO idea HOW they didn't get blown to smithereens!!! So many fireworks blew up all around them. We also made cardboard helmets last pday to be able to be up there. The fireworks were blowing up all around us.

About rooming.... I would LOVE rooming with Nate...Elder Rau. South of campus is where it's at though. I'm serious. I don`t know if it would more than an apartment but there`s a bunch of small little houses that we could live in I don`t know. Them cheapest thing you can find. But if you can get to know the people we'd be living with it'd be better....next week I'll try to give you some information of missionaries that will be going to BYU so maybe we can be with some ex Elders i know!

Well....I love you much!!! Keep writing letters. Chow!

Elder Sean Ryan Layton

No comments: