Monday, March 1, 2010

Baptism of Brisa

BUENOS DIAS FAMILIA Y AMIGOS!!!

My companion is from Bolivia!

Elder Garnica is the best. He has a million stories to tell me all the time. It's just great.

I can't believe dad is 48... I don't remember when he turned 40. 2 more years dad! 2 Years will go by really fast believe me.

We had the baptizm of Brisa on Saturday. She actually did it finally!!!! The first two times she was too scared of the water. Jhonny Guzman and Jaquin got the preisthood yesterday! We went on splits too. It was an incredible experience to be able to go out teaching with my convert on his first day as priest. He had a ton of questions about everything. About the church, about the mission, about girls. I helped him out with the first two and explained to him the secret of the third. Luckily I've learned more on my mission about that topic than any other time in my life.

So we have several baptism dates we're working with and many families that we're visiting. My goal this change is just to really focus on finding families. Today we're going to hike a huge hill with the whole Zone to burn our sins that we write on paper and put into our Olympic torch to get the whole zone pumped up for the new transfer. Haha, the new missionaries are really awesome here. Almost the whole zone changed. Of course the Earls are still here with me but everyone else is new. I have an elder in my Zone named Elder Curtis Harding. Finally I have a gringo to hang out with on pdays. He has 5 months in the mission.

That was awesome to see Logan. He doesn't look too different. I'm just jealous Nana got to hang out with him and Jacob!!!

I have to go.

I love yous!!!

The Gospel is True.

Elder Layton

No comments: