Monday, July 6, 2009

My Legs and Arms Want to Fall Off Every Night

(Once again, thanks to Elder and Sister Rich for the picture to the left. You can click on it to enlarge. I think we get more of our photos from Sister Rich than we do from Sean!

I can't completely read what the sign says - something about trust...those that believe in...for them - , but from his earlier letter, we know that it is the Banner of Liberty - Peruvian style.

That first step is a real doozy!)


Dearest Family and Friends,

How are all of you doing? I'm having the greatest time! Well… it's a little different than what most people in this world would consider having a good time. I feel like my legs and arms want to fall off every night when we get back to the room but it's great.

Today we're going to a jail. I'll take pictures of it all for yas. I'm going to try and get pictures sent off today. And letters! I have a stack to send home.

My mind's pretty much blank this morning.

In Doctrine and Covenants it talks about taking the things of the Lord lightly. I don't have my scriptures right now to quote anything, but it's true. Especially in the mission many times missionaries, investigators, members, take things lightly. I think everyone has or does at times… but we shouldn't take the things of God lightly.

Our family came to church again! We challenged them to be baptized right there in church and they accepted. It was the second time they came so we're preparing them for this Saturday. It'll be a challenge to do it but I think they ready. Thomas is more or less on board but the rest of his family are all ready. I let you know what happens this Saturday. Also we've been visiting all the old investigators, menos (except the) actives, future investigators, etc… and we found an investigator that the missionaries left a while back because of a surgery. We visited him and he came to church and he wants to be baptized!

!!!!!!!!!! Bye…. I love you all

No comments: